A New Year's Prayer

Lord, I want to be totally open and available for the working of Your Spirit in my life this year - that my walk with You may be closer; that my walk with [my spouse] may be richer; that my walk with [our children] may be more thrilling; that my walk at work may be more fully as a servant; that my walk in [worship] may be more dynamic and fruitful; that my walk at church be full of encouragement and challenge; that my walk with my neighbours and wider family be of greater impact for You.
Lord help me, by Your Spirit within me, to relate more openly and honestly to You, and with all the attributes of holy living which will draw others to You and bring glory to You.
Lord, teach me until it hurts, for I deeply desire to follow You this year in a way that is significant and exciting.
Grant me the wisdom to discern the paths to take, when to say "Yes" and "No", and to be at peace before You about my choices.
Most of all Lord God, teach me to be a [parent and spouse] in Your image. May my focus be on You each day.
Amen. (your disciple)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE