Do You Really Want What You Really Want?

I thank my parents that as a child I was taught to write an "I want" list. This helped me identify those things I "really" wanted well after the initial plea had faded. Then came the hard part of giving up some things to save up the money to buy my heart's desire.

The same principles apply to our Christian walk. We want to serve, but are we prepared to pay the price? We want to be humble, but are we prepared to be humiliated? We want to be a true disciple, but are we prepared to truly discipline our body, mind and soul? We want to be loving, but that includes the "unlovely", and carries the cost of sacrifice, non-reciprocation, even outright hostility. We ask in pray, but are we willing to accept and obey the answers given?

----xxxXxxx----
Lk.18:18-23 "'What must I do to have eternal life?'...you lack one thing, sell all you have and distribute to the poor...he was very sorrowful for he was very rich"
Mt.16:24 "If anyone wants to follow me, he must deny himself and take up his cross"
Ps.42:1-2 "As the deer pants for the water, so my soul thirsts after you"
Ph.2:13 "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose"
Lk.14:33 "Whoever is not prepared to forsake everything, cannot be my disciple"
2 Cor.12:8-9 "I prayed to the Lord three times to have it taken away. But His answer was, 'My grace is all you need, for my power is strongest when you are weak'"
1 Jhn.3:22 "We ask, and receive because we are obedient to Him"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE