Going Around The Bend

One of the more common deep spiritual questions I hear, is “How do I know God’s will for my life?”.

Whilst meditation and study of His Word will reveal general guide-lines, the application to any person’s specific situation is in the realm of the dynamic of Holy Spirit. We are not given a map showing every bend and hill on the road of life ahead, but rather the bends are revealed only as and when we need to know about them as we walk by faith. Its' no use whingeing about not achieving some high personal aspirations, when Jesus’ general command is to “start washing feet (dishes, floors, tables, bed-pans, etc.)”. Then as we show our faithfulness in the small things, God can start putting situations across our path, or using our words, or people start to seek us out - then we start to see God ‘nudging’ us around a bend, or challenging us to climb a hill. It can be quite surprising, humbling, even scary, when someone says to me, “How did you know I needed to read/hear that?”, when I didn’t know, but God did, and by making myself available, He was able to use me.

Lord, thank you for NOT showing me the whole map of life, I might be too scared to continue. Thank you for showing me The Way and for supplying my own personal guide in Holy Spirit. I know that if I simply follow in the footsteps of Jesus, I cannot get lost. Thank you for the joy of surprise as I see you working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE