Happy Rebirthday

"I'm as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth" was my dear old grandfather's reply whenever we kids asked him his age.

It is true though, that we measure ourselves in different ways by celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. Today, nine of our young people take a further step in their experience of spiritual rebirth. The bible is very strong on anniversaries. The Hebrew year is signposted with festivals, holy convocations, times for special worship, thanksgiving, offerings and rejoicing for what God has done.

The Christian Church still keeps two of those ancient festivals - Passover (Easter) and Pentecost and added its own special remembrance in Christmas. But it's a pity we don't celebrate our personal spiritual rebirthdays like our natural birthdays (imho).

Celebrate!!!

----xxxXxxx----
Lev.23:4 "These are the feasts of the Lord, even Holy convocations which you shall proclaim in their season."
Jn.3:5 "Jesus answered, 'I tell you truly, unless a man is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God'."
2 Ptr.3:1-2 "I write to stir up remembrance in your pure minds, that you may be mindful of the words of the Holy prophets and the commands of the apostles"
Lev.23:24 "On the 1st of the 7th month you shall have a Sabbath, a holy assembly, a memorial with blowing of trumpets."
Lk.10:20 "Rejoice because your names are written in heaven"
Acts 8:39 "When they had come up out of the water...the eunuch went on his way rejoicing"
Isa.61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God. He has clothed me with salvation, covered me with righteousness."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE