If "Jesus is the Answer", what's the question?

This was the challenge of some student stirrers to an EU program at university, little realising the real truth in what they were saying.

I know that in my Christian walk I have found that one of the keys to answered prayer is in discovering the right question. Instead of limiting God to answering MY question, if I am open to hearing and seeing what God is saying, doing and leading, then sometimes my very human questions become irrelevant, and the real question of how I should be "in God's will" becomes plain. Only then can God meet my need rather than simply answer my want.

"I asked God for health that I might be strong:
He gave me sickness that I might be compassionate"

Rom.8:26 "...we don't know how to pray...the Spirit pleads with God for us"
1 Chr.16:11 "Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually"
Jhn.15:7 "If you live in me and my words live in you, you may ask..."
2 Cor.12:8 "I prayed 3 times...He answered 'My grace is all you need'..."

2 Sam.12:16-23 “......King David's son dies......”
Mt.6:33 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, then these things will be added.."
Ps.25:4-5 "Teach me your ways O Lord...to live according to your truth"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE