Mission Statements

In this age of Industry Restructuring and Business Process Re-engineering, everyone seems to be preparing "Mission Statements".  Even when one consults a Financial Adviser, he asks, "What are your Life Goals?". Anyone of "?0 something" asks "What have I done with my life so far? What will I do with the rest of it?".

As we start this "Missions Month", it would be instructive to look at Jesus' personal "Mission Statements".

Matt.5:17 "Don't think that I have come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, rather I have come to fulfil them"
Matt.20:28 "The son of man did not come to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life a ransom for many"
Luke 4:18 "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, to free those that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord"
Luke 9:56 "The son of man has not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them"
Luke 12:49-51 "I have come to bring fire to the earth. Oh that my task were completed! ... Do you think I have come to give peace to the earth? No! Rather strife and division!"
Luke 19:10 "The son of man has come to seek and to save that which was lost"
John 9:39 "I came into the world for judgement, that the blind might see, and that the sighted may become blind"
John 10:10 "I have come that they might have life, life more abundantly
John 12:47 "I came not to judge the world but to save the world"
John 18:37 "To this end I was born, and for this cause I came into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE