My Obituary

That's the title of one of the exercises I have to do in the coming weeks in preparation for a career planning seminar. I've done various goal setting and life-style evaluations in other training courses, but "Obituary" has a ring of finality about it.

As an old preacher friend advised on sermon structure, "First tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em. Then tell 'em. Then tell 'em what you’ve told them". The progressive life (as in moving forward in a direction) is like that, a beginning, a middle and an end.  Another view is "Plan, Do, Evaluate".

In the Christian life, the planning stage is a matter of obedience and seeking God's will personally. In obedience, the doing follows (super)naturally as we are driven and empowered by the Holy Spirit. The evaluation is ultimately the Lord's - will our obituaries include "Well done my good and faithful servant"?

----xxxXxxx----
Rom.11:29 "God's gifts and His call are irrevocable"
1 Cor.14:12 "...eagerly seeking the Holy Spirit, strive to excel in ways that will build up the church"
Rom.12:1 "...present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service"
Rom.12:2 "Be transformed...prove what is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God"
Ps.40:8 "I delight to do your will O Lord"
Gal.2:20 "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, but not I, but Christ lives in me"
Matt.25:21 "Well done thou good and faithful servant"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE