Not a Single Sparrow is Forgotten Before God

Said the robin to the sparrow, "I would really like to know
Why these anxious human beings rush about and worry so."
Said the sparrow to the robin, "I think that it must be.
They have no Heavenly Father such as cares for you and me."

Thanks Carol D. for this quote. We were privileged in the past week to again witness the miracle of birth with the arrival of a litter of 8 puppies. Our concerns about whether the rather immature mother would cope with her 1st litter, were quite unfounded. Seeing her hovering over her "brood" then gently settle down and gather them all in to herself, and the very protective growl when we got too close, told us that she would protect them.

The same expression is used of the Holy Spirit "brooding" (moving) over creation (Gen.1:2). When the Holy Spirit is called our "comforter", it is not the comfort of an acquaintance, but the deep feeling of a "parent". Thank God this week for his continuing presence around us, protecting, comforting, guiding, nourishing, providing, "brooding".

---xxxXxxx---
Gen.28:15 "...I am with you..."
Isa.25:4 "...a strength to the poor, needy, in distress..."
Mal.3:10 "...prove me now..."
Matt.14:20 "...collected the fragments... 12 baskets full..."
Matt.23:37 "I have gathered your children together...like a mother hen"
Lk.6:38 "...give and it shall be given you, pressed down,..."
2 Tim.1:12 "I know whom I have believed, that He is able..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE