Unexpected Answer to Prayer

Sometimes God’s answers to our prayer for direction in our life can at first be unrecognised or even harsh. But we must remember that in God’s time, “All things work together for good...”. The following member’s submission is unnamed for privacy.

“Quite some years ago, I was struggling with God’s direction for my life, especially at work. One morning I was feeling particularly stressed about going to work and prayed about it before leaving. Within an hour, as I arrived at work, the boss met me waving a cheque and generally sounding off about this customer’s cheque bouncing. He challenged me about why I had “not been looking after this customer”. I explained that I had been going out of my way to keep this customer happy, but that I was not a credit manager.  Even so, I was sacked on the spot (this was before ‘unfair dismissal laws’).

Some 6 months later, my ex-employer came to my home. He said that he had recently become a Christian and felt that he had to put things right with me. He explained that he hadn’t really sacked me because of the bounced cheque, but because he found me ‘too challenging’. I said that I didn’t have a clue what he meant. He explained that in our day to day conversations, my Christian personality, principles and ethics were really getting to him. Then the way I accepted my dismissal really got him thinking. Soon after, when he heard the call of God on his life, he suddenly knew why I was like I was, and he gave his life to Christ too.”

Lord give us the faith to allow our lives to shine like a beacon to those we meet. Use us in what ever way you want Lord, whatever the cost. May your will be done. Praise the Lord.

Anon. submission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE