When I pray - "Forgive my sins, as I forgive others"

This is hard teaching Lord. You call sinners to repent and to receive forgiveness according to the riches of your grace, but are you now saying that your forgiveness is conditional? I know that you call me to live a life like you, forgiving others as you have forgiven me, but I do fall far short of your graciousness.

Lord, help me by your spirit, to identify, repent of, and be healed of those parts of my being, those attitudes that hold me back from being totally forgiving to others. Lord shine the light of your spirit into my darkest recesses, bringing forth attitudes to be confessed to you, to receive your cleansing forgiveness.

---===X===---
1 Jn.1:9 "If we confess...faithful and just to forgive"
Lk.6:37 "Judge not...be not judged, forgive and be forgiven"
Jn.3:18 "He that believes on Him is not condemned"
Mic.7:18 "Who is like God, that pardons iniquity, that overlooks transgressions"
Lk.3:3 "...preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins"
Eph.1:17 "...the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace"
Col.3:13 "...forgiving one another...even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE