When I pray - "Give us our daily bread for today"

"Man does not live bread alone", that I know, but Man does live by bread a lot!

Thank you Lord for recognizing and supplying my physical needs.

But Lord, am I being unreasonable for asking for "Jam and Cream" on my "Daily Bread"?

And perhaps a weeks supply in advance, "Just in case"!

"You of little faith" you say.

Yes! I see now. I must come to you every morning,

Asking and trusting you for my needs for the coming day only, no more, no less.

Forgive me Lord for trying to live on "stale blessings",

Instead of seeking and receiving from you "new every morning".

"Great is your faithfulness!"

---===X===---
Lam.3:22-23 "compassion never fails..new every morning..great is thy faithfulness"
Lk.9:17 "They (the 5000) all ate and were satisfied"
Ex.16:4 "...bread from heaven...gather enough for that day..."
Ex.16:16-18 "...gather what you need...not too much...not too little..."
Ex.16:19-21 "...do not keep it till the morrow...full of maggots and smelled..."
Ps.78:18-32 "tested God...angry...angel's bread...they kept on sinning"
Mt.6:28-34 "Consider the lilies...the Father knows your needs..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE