When I pray - "Lead me not into Temptation, Keep me from Evil"

Lord, what a relief when I discovered that temptation is not a sin! To know that I am in the company of the highest (and lowest) when tempted, even you yourself Jesus, I gain strength and encouragement. Thank-you Lord for your protection in not allowing me to be tempted beyond my means - help me Lord to realise the full capacity of the armoury at my disposal.

Lord help me to realise that every temptation over-come is a cause for joy, of building up my character, a step along the path of obedience. Let me be "tempted" instead, by your grace, your love, your holiness, your beauty."

---===X===---
Eph.6:10-13 "Be strong in the Lord...stand against the wiles of the devil...resist the enemy"
Eph.6:14-18 "...with truth...righteousness...peace..."
Rom.6:13 "Don't yield to sin...give yourself to God...an instrument of righteousness"
1 Cor.10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to all people. God will not let you be tempted beyond your strength"
Jas.1:2 "Count it joy to fall into temptation"
Jas.1:3 "Trying of your faith works patience...receives the crown of life"
Phil.4:8 "Whatever is noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy - think about such things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is a Oneway Ticket

Pentecost - from “Why?” to “Why not?”

MORE